- Alan seems to be getting somewhat more independant. He can dress himself (even if he puts on 2 shirts, or pants on backwards). He does ok with matching (but boys have it easier).
- He's a little better on sitting ON the potty, not using it for #2 alas.
- Last Sunday during the storm, I finally cleaned out my closet/dresser. Now all I have to do is store my winter stuff in box storage and drop off some clothing for donation. And diet :(
- Have a bunch of book reviews to post. Most are good reviews - I got a lot of books from Harper Collins (via Blogher) which was nice.
- The check is in the mail for my $1000.00 deductable from my recent car accident. Thank you Travelers (the other guy's insurance) and Geico (my insurance). I do hope the guy does get some punishment from his employer for backing into my car, since my police department did nothing.
- I was actually at the police department (boro hall) tonight - in the room where I've gone for traffic ticket court. But it was to register Alan for soccer. He'll play pre-k soccer in the fall. It feels weird as I never did extra-cirricular sports as child. I need to get him shin guards (what size?) - the league supplies the shorts and shirts. And he doesn't need cleats. I also would like to get a size 3 soccer ball for him to practice with. I wonder if he needs one of those athletic supporter things (or is that for older boys?)
I really signed him up for skills - social and teamwork as well as exercise, I'm not trying to turn him into the next Pele! Any advice on being a "soccer mom" would be appreciated though.
- We got the invitation to my cousin's son's Bar Mitzvah in June. The ceremony and party are at my cousin's house. He does well in business, so this will be a nice party. I have to confirm that Alan can come (it had been mentioned verbally, but it wasn't on the invitation). And since it is at 5PM on a Saturday I have to figure out what Alan should wear - suit - polo and dress pants - a dressy baby boy short thing (probably he's too old at 4 1/2)? Me, I guess I'll get a cocktail type dress and Mark gets off easy with a clean suit!
- Watched an old Get Smart episode (or part of it) with Mark and Alan last night. It was one where Hymie the Robot wound up running in an Olympic like event - the techniques used to merge the track stuff with the good guys/bad guys watching in the audience seemed so primitive. And when Hymie the robot was in need of power, he ended up being hooked to the 9 Volt Battery from Agent 99's portable radio - it would be a cell phone or iPod now (and does anything new use 9 Volt Batteries anymore?) But it was still funny - physical humor does hold up
That's all for now. Next post is current event commentary.